Operations & Information Management
McDonough School of Business
37th & O Streets
Washington, D. C. 20057
Sustainable Operations, New Product Development, Effect of Consumer Behavior on Operations, and Supply Chain Management.
1. Agrawal, V., I. Bellos, 2015, The Potential of Servicizing as a Green Business Model, forthcoming in Management Science.
2. Agrawal, V., A. Atasu, and S. Ulku, 2015, Modular Upgradability in Consumer Electronics: Economic and Environmental Implications, forthcoming in Journal of Industrial Ecology.
3. Agrawal, V., M. Ferguson and G. Souza, 2016, Trade-in Rebates for Price Discrimination and Product Recovery, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 63(3), 326-339.
4. Agrawal, V., S. Kavadias, and L. B. Toktay, 2016, The Limits of Planned Obsolescence for Conspicuous Durable Goods, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, 18(2), 216-226.
5. Agrawal, V., A. Atasu, and K. van Ittersum, 2015, Remanufacturing, Third-Party Competition and Consumers Perceived Value of New Products, Management Science, 61(1), 60-72.
6. Agrawal, V. and S. Ulku, 2013, The Role of Modular Upgradability as a Green Design Strategy, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, 15(4), 640-648.
7. Agrawal, V., M. Ferguson, L. B. Toktay, and V. Thomas, 2012, Is Leasing Greener than Selling?, Management Science, 58(3), 523-533.
8. Agrawal, V. and M. Ferguson, 2007, Bid-Response Models for Customized Pricing, Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management 6(3), 212-228.
Papers under Review and Working Papers
9. Agrawal, V. and N. Oraiopoulos, The Role of Decision Rights in Collaborative Development Initiatives, invited for second-round review at Management Science.
10. Alev, I., V. Agrawal, and A. Atasu, Extended Producer Responsibility and Secondary Markets, under review at Manufacturing and Service Operations Management.
11. Agrawal, V. and D. Lee, The Effect of Sourcing Policies on a Suppliers Sustainable Practices.
Research in Progress
12. Agrawal, V., A. Atasu and S. Ulku, The Implications of Product Modularity for Leasing and Selling.
1. Agrawal, V., and D. Lee, 2016, Responsible Sourcing, Environmentally Responsible Supply Chains: Opportunities and Challenges, Atasu, A. (Ed.) Springer Publishing, 71-87.
2. Agrawal, V., and I. Bellos, 2016, Servicizing in Supply Chains and Environmental Implications, Environmentally Responsible Supply Chains: Opportunities and Challenges, Atasu, A. (Ed.) Springer Publishing, 109-127.
3. Agrawal, V. and L. B. Toktay, 2010, Interdisciplinarity in Closed-Loop Supply Chain Management Research, Closed Loop Supply Chains: New Developments to Improve the Sustainability of Business Practices, Ferguson, M. and G. Souza (Eds.), Taylor and Francis Publishing, 197-214.